Early Childhood Center
At Farber Hebrew Day School, the youngest learners are driving curriculum. Their innate curiosity and sense of wonder inspire staff to develop programs and activities that will invite inquiry, develop independence and nurture learning in a warm, safe environment.
Who we are:
The Early Childhood Center at Farber is fully accredited and licensed by the State of Michigan. Our center provides a play-based environment where children are allowed to develop at their own pace. With a warm, educated, caring staff, our professionals nurture students while developing their social, emotional, and developmental skills. We believe that children are capable of doing great things when given the right environment and the right tools. Knowing that the best education occurs when there is a partnership with the home, our center has become an extended family that all our community members—staff, students, and families—call home.
What we believe in:
• Instilling a passion for Judaism and a connection to the State of Israel
• Creating a loving and nurturing environment to allow all children to reach their highest potential
• Appreciating that families and communities are vital for learning
• Opportunities for all learners of all abilities
• A developmental approach to learning that includes social, emotional, gross motor, fine motor and cognitive skills
• Art, music, gym, and Zumba are new ways to open students’ eyes to creative means of expression
• Flexible scheduling options that allow children and families to grow and develop at their own pace
When are we open:
Our Early Childhood Center is open from 8:30-3:30 .
We offer different options to meet the varying needs of our families.
- 3 or 5 half-day options 8:30-12:00
- 3 or 5 full day option 8:30-3:30
We also offer Early Care Arrival Options (7:45 am-8:30 pm) and Latchkey Options (3:30-5:30 pm).
For any questions, please contact: Anita Batt at (248) 386-1625 X 233 or Anita.Batt@farberhds.org
Who we serve and our class size:
We offer programming for the youngest students to kindergarten. We maintain small class sizes to ensure students receive what they need. Click on the program titles below to view full curriculum.
Terrific Toddler program
Part-time or full time options for those turning one by September 1 with a ratio of one caregiver to 4 students