FHDS is currently looking to fill the following positions for our 2020-2021 Academic Year:
Head of School – Term beginning in spring 2020.
Farber’s next Head of School will continue the ascension of Farber to the ranks of the premier Modern Orthodox Jewish day schools in the United States. The ideal candidate will leverage the prominence and cohesion of the Detroit Jewish community, the resurgence of the City of Detroit, and the vibrancy of the area’s Modern Orthodox communities to lead Farber into a new era of growth and success.
This position presents an exciting and unique opportunity for an individual who has:
- The vision to foster an expectation of excellence throughout the school, and to retain and develop talent to meet those expectations
- The proven ability to inspire, develop and lead administrators and educational professionals
- The compassion and professionalism to maintain positive relationships with students, parents and staff, as well as the dynamic disposition to act as an ambassador for the school
To express your interest in the position or to suggest someone else for the position, please email apply@farberHOSsearch.org.
College Guidance Counselor (for the 2020-2021 school year)
FHDS’ high school (Grades 9 – 12) has 60 – 70 students. This is a part-time position with approximately 20 hours/week and a flexible schedule.
The part-time college guidance counselor will help students and parents through the college process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct workshops for 11th and 12th grade students and their parents on what to expect and how to prepare for college applications
* Meet individually with students and/or parents regarding the college process
* Offer direct career counseling
* Oversee testing
* Guide students in writing their college essays
* Help with all other college preparation related items
* Develop programs for 9th and 10th grade students as appropriate.
* Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university
* Master’s Degree in school or guidance counseling/College Guidance Certification
* Proven experience as a guidance counselor or teacher
* Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence abilities.
We are also looking for the following:
K-5 Judaic and General Studies Teachers (full time)
Middle and High School Judaic Studies Teachers (full time)
Early Childhood Paraprofessionals (full and part time)
Substitute Teachers and Paraprofessionals